Dramatic Ellipsis offers words and ideas from the brain of Erin Nelsen Parekh. Services include copywriting and back cover copy for books and other media, editing for fiction and nonfiction, and freelance writing on a variety of topics.
Standard copy for fiction runs from 125 to 200 words and should distill the tone, characters, and setup of the novel into an exciting, attractive, and easy-to-read introduction.
Nonfiction copy should run 150-200 words and position the work's value to the reader, describe what makes it unique, and explain what the reader can expect to find inside.
I strive for clear ideas, smooth and expressive language, and absolutely correct mechanics. Levels of editing are
- development of content: assistance identifying the themes, ideas, and scope of a work
- structural editing: help determining how to arrange a work
- review: evaluation of a manuscript for strengths, weaknesses, and suggestions for improvement
- cleanup editing: heavy mechanics help
- copyediting: line-by-line sentence-level edits for correctness
- proofreading: finding those last imperfections before press
Works can be edited to Chicago or AP style or to a preferred alternative. Fiction is welcome; horror incurs a Nightmare Surcharge. Nonfiction specialties include business and management, childcare, economics, energy, English language and literature, health, how-to, linguistics, real estate, politics, and self-help.
Available for ghostwriting, journalism, essays, and analysis on assignment. Please contact me with information about the project for rates and relevant clips.
Dramatic Ellipsis is also the parent company of Drivel and Drool, which is introducing a series of board books for young children beginning in spring 2017.
For all questions, please write email@example.com.